Before you choose an insurance provider who will cover your chiropractic treatment or physical therapy, you need to understand the terms and conditions of their coverage plans and policies. Every insurance company offers different chiropractic coverage plans.
Always check the terms of your insurance coverage to find out whether the plan will cover visits to the physician you are considering. If you have changed jobs and must decide among different health plans offered by your employer, you may want to choose your chiropractor first and then choose the health plan that covers visits to your preferred physician.
Insurance Companies We Accept
Fortunately, Olson Family Chiropractic accepts insurance plans from several providers in Minnesota. We are listed in a wide range of networks and insurance plans. To find out more about the insurance companies and networks we accept, please visit each provider’s page on our website.
Below is a list of the insurance companies we accept:
What You Need to Know About Most Insurance Coverage
Like any other medical treatment, insurance companies have strict guidelines regarding what they will cover for chiropractic treatment. While each plan varies according to your insurance company and the plan you have, certain conditions of the plans have some similarities including:
- Treatment must be provided by a certified, licensed medical expert.
- You must have a medical necessity for treatment.
- You must receive a diagnosis prior to treatment.
- There must be a direct correlation between your treatment and your recovery.
- Your recovery must be reported within a given timeframe.
- Insurance providers outline which methods of treatment they will cover.
- By law, all providers must provide coverage for chiropractic treatment for injuries caused by an automobile accident. A medical expert must establish that the accident is what caused your injury.
- Some companies may still work with you even if you are not covered under their insurance plan.
Chiropractic Care Insurance Coverage Quick Facts
- Chiropractic care is available to members of the armed forces and Veteran’s Administration (VA) medical facilities.
- The U.S. Congress has authorized Medicare and Medicaid cover certain chiropractic services for all Americans.
- Federal employees have chiropractic coverage in the Federal Employee Health Benefits Program and in the Federal Employee Worker’s Compensation Program.
- Chiropractic treatment is a covered benefit in virtually all traditional insurance policies. Over 80 percent of all insured workers in Minnesota have coverage for chiropractic services in their health care plans.
- Minnesota has authorized the provision of chiropractic care under state workers’ compensation laws.
- Chiropractic services are included in the Railroad Retirement Act.
- The Internal Revenue Service includes chiropractic services as a valid medical deduction.
Chiropractic Care Services in Lakeville, Minnesota
Olson Family Chiropractic offers comprehensive chiropractic treatment and physical therapy for patients in Lakeville, Minnesota and the surrounding area. We can diagnose your current condition and help ease your pain with proven techniques used by our medical experts. We can get ease your pain and get you back on the road to recovery.
To schedule a consultation or session, call us today at (952) 431-7400, or you can message us at firstname.lastname@example.org.