Sports Rehabilitation in Lakeville, Minnesota
No matter how severe your injuries are or how they occurred, rehabilitation can aid in restoring you back to health, as well as prepare you to return to athletic competition. Conditioning and treatment can improve your mobility, strengthen your muscles, and increase stability and support where you need it most.
At Olson Family Chiropractic, we offer complete physical therapy services for athletes who play in all sports. We can examine your condition and develop a treatment plan that will accelerate healing and help you regain mobility and endurance.
Schedule a sports therapy session today.
Specialized Rehabilitation for Your Sport
Each sport has its own set of challenges. Likewise, each sport is likely to produce certain injuries in most players. Our physical therapy treatment plans are designed to treat a wide range of athletic injuries as they apply to a specific type of competition.
Some the sports-related injuries we treat include:
- Achilles Tendonitis
- AC Joint and Clavicular Injuries
- ACL and MCL injuries
- Ankle Sprains and Strains
- Foot Sprains
- Hand Injuries
- ITB Syndrome
- Lateral Epicondylitis
- Medial Epicondylitis
- Meniscus Tears
- Muscle Contusions
- Muscle Strains
- Patella Tendonitis
- Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Rotator Cuff Tendinopathy
- Shin Splints
- Shoulder and Elbow Dislocations
- Suprascapular Neuropathy
The Benefits of Sports Rehabilitation
Rehabilitative care and therapy are essential for a complete recovery that allows you to return to athletic competition. It is instrumental in ensuring that you regain your strength and athletic potential. Therapy also reduces your chances of sustaining another injury.
Rehabilitation benefits your condition and athletic performance in the following ways:
- Decreased tissue inflammation
- Enhanced tissue healing
- Reduced degeneration and risk of injury
- Increased balance and coordination
- Increased joint health
- Spinal and extremity pain relief
- Increased mobility and range of motion
- Relief of muscle spasms
- Strengthening of weakened muscles
With the right therapy, you may be able to avoid undergoing surgery or taking medication for your injury. It is an effective and holistic method for treating traumas and promoting wellness.
What Can I Expect From Sports Rehabilitation?
During your first visit to Olson Family Chiropractic, we go over your health and medical history, as well as a physical examination to diagnose your condition and determine what type of treatment you may require.
We will develop a treatment plan that targets your specific medical issues and provides the treatment that will help you recover. We will give advice, provide education, and focus on your overall wellness.
Rehabilitation may include therapeutic intervention, and exercise plan, manual therapy, further assessment, and treatment modification. We may also incorporate certain therapeutic techniques such as massage, taping, or chiropractic care.
Your Role in Sports Rehabilitation
You play a significant role in rehabilitation. Although our staff will do our part to ensure a successful recovery, your commitment and ability to follow a regimented plan is the critical component to getting you back in the game.
Some ways you can partner with us to heal from your injuries include:
- Avoid aggravating your injury | You should not participate in any athletic or strenuous activity until your therapist gives you approval
- Don’t delay or miss your therapy sessions | Doing so will slow your recovery or complicate your injuries.
- Adhere to your therapist’s prescriptions and instructions | Refusal to listen to your therapist will defeat the purpose of why you are in sports rehab.
- Follow the treatment sequentially | You don’t want to jump ahead to speed up your recovery. Your treatment plan follows a strict sequential order and timeline.
Sports Rehabilitation for Your Athletic Injuries
If you’ve been injured in an athletic competition, do not delay in seeking treatment. Any delay could significantly slow your recovery. Olson Family Chiropractic offers chiropractic care, physical therapy, and massage therapy for athletes in Lakeville, Minnesota who are suffering from sports injuries.
To schedule a consultation or treatment for your condition, call us at (952) 431-7400, or you can message us at email@example.com.