Pediatric Chiropractor Lakeville, Minnesota
Colic, earaches, and chronic bedwetting may be creating anxiety and confusion for you and your child. When these challenges arise, you may seek medical treatment from a family physician. While consulting a medical expert may be advisable, certain types of treatment do not always correct the underlying cause of the problem.
Olson Family Chiropractic offers chiropractic treatment and other types of therapy for children with chronic issues such as colic, earaches, and bedwetting. We can evaluate your child’s health and physical condition and provide the right type of therapy that will ease the discomfort and pain associated with colic, earaches, and bedwetting.
To find out more about the benefits of our chiropractic care, physical therapy, and massage therapy, schedule an appointment today.
Causes and Symptoms of Colic
Colic refers to excessive, frequent crying in a baby who appears to be otherwise healthy. It's a common problem that affects children at a very early age. The causes and symptoms of colic in your child may include:
- Causes Spinal misalignment at birth, overstimulated senses, immature digestive system, infant acid reflux, food allergies or sensitivity, exposure to tobacco
- Symptoms Crying that is consistent, long-term, unprovoked, and uninterrupted; extreme arm and leg movement, clenched fist, increased bowel activity, conflicting behavior.
Causes and Symptoms of Earaches
Earaches usually occur in children and may affect one or both ears. Episodes may be constant or come and go, and the pain may be dull, sharp, or burning. Causes and symptoms may include:
- Causes Misalignment of the spine, ear infections, earwax buildup, foreign objects in the cavity, strep throat, sinus infection, shampoo or water trapped in the cavity, or constant use of cotton swabs.
- Symptoms Tugging at the ear, poor sleep, fever, irritability, restlessness, ear drainage, diminished appetite, or crying at night when lying down
Causes and Symptoms of Bedwetting
Chronic bedwetting occurs when kids who are old enough to control their bladder, urinate at night during sleep. It is common in children around six years old.
- Causes Small bladder, inability to recognize a full bladder, hormone imbalance, urinary tract infection, sleep apnea, diabetes, chronic constipation, dysfunction in the urinary tract or nervous system.
- Symptoms Wetting during the day, burning sensation during urination, unusual urination behavior, cloudy or pinkish urine, blood stains on underpants or pajamas, uncontrollable bowel movements, constipation.
Chiropractic Treatment for Colic, Earaches, and Bedwetting
Chiropractic care can relieve many of the symptoms of colic, earaches, and bedwetting that cause discomfort and irritation in children.
Spinal subluxations (misalignments) can occur at birth. If the misalignments are significant enough, they can impede the performance of systems within the body. These issues can cause discomfort and irritation that causes babies to cry incessantly.
Body manipulation can correct the misalignments, improve system performance, and ease the baby’s discomfort. Chiropractic alignment is a practical, gentle, and drug-free solution for colic. Parents often report a reduction in colic episodes after chiropractic care.
If there is a misalignment within located by the neck of the spine, it will disrupt nerve function and block drainage in the ear. This disruption leads to bacteria and fluid buildup, pain, and pressure.
When treating an ear infection, we focus on the muscles in the neck to facilitate proper function of lymph glands within the ear. We utilize gentle manipulation and readjustment of the spine to release the pressure that is affecting the infected ear. With a successful spinal adjustment, the tube in your child’s ear and their lymphatic vessels will function properly.
The brain controls and regulates the bladder. Impulses via the phrenic nerve travel from the brain to the spinal cord and then out between spinal bones to trigger the bladder when it’s time to use the restroom. Blocked or distorted nerve messages between the brain and the bladder can result in a loss of bladder control.
Thus, many children suffer nerve interference from spinal bones in their lower back where nerves exit the spinal column. Bedwetting occurs as a result of the dysfunction. A child does not have to have a bad back for this condition to occur.
Our licensed health professional can reduce the nerve interference with chiropractic adjustments and body manipulation. We can identify the nerve interferences and realign the spinal vertebrae.
Chiropractic Adjustments for Your Child
For more information on how our chiropractic care specialists can help your child overcome colic, earaches, or bedwetting, contact Olson Family Chiropractic. We can answer your questions and provide the appropriate treatment to alleviate your child’s condition.
To schedule a consultation or treatment for your headache, call us at (952) 431-7400, or you can message us at email@example.com.